Sales Assistant – Equine / Rural – 25/02/2020
Duncan Equine Group (“DEG”) is a family owned company with strong ties to the equine industry. For over 25 years, DEG has been the Australian distributor of the Horserail fencing system; long recognized as the number one choice for horse fencing. Over the years the owners of DEG have developed additional horse safe products to complement the Horserail fencing system and provide peace of mind to horse owners Australia wide.
DEG is seeking a suitably qualified, part-time Sales Assistant for immediate start. The role, based at our North Geelong location, initially requires a commitment of 3 days per week with a view to becoming full-time over the next 6-12 months.
Reporting directly to the Eastern States Manager (“ESM”), the responsibilities of the role will include:
- Customer Service – Responding to phone, email or face to face enquiries from existing and new clients
- Warehousing & Merchandising – Assisting storeman with receiving and unpacking containers and packing orders for dispatch to customers (manual handling duties)
- Co-representing the company at industry trade shows from time to time; some weekend work will be required
- Assisting the ESM with all facets of the sales process, including:
- Quoting & Invoicing
- Obtaining freight quotes
- Processing customer payments
- Booking freight deliveries from warehouse to customer site
- Inventory Management
- Local Procurement
- Some interstate travel will be required from time to time
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent Customer Service skills;
- Experience and involvement in the equine industry;
- Knowledge of fencing, products available and installation;
- Previous merchandising, warehousing or sales experience;
- Strong communication skills
- MR Driver’s License and Forklift License required:
- Good computer skills – Windows Office Suite proficiency;
- Previous experience with Trade Gecko software (or other sales / inventory management programs); Personal Attributes of the Successful Candidate:
- High attention to detail;
- Focused on delivering excellent customer service.
- Self-motivated and able to work with complete autonomy;
- Selfless and supportive team member;
- Have a hands-on approach, strong work ethic and good character.
- Remuneration will be commensurate with experience;
- Being a member of a small, family owned business comprising a team of tight-knit professionals who genuinely enjoy supporting each other to achieve success.
To apply for this role please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 15 March, 2020.