Sales / Office Assistant – Equine / Rural
Duncan Equine Group (“DEG”) is a family owned company with strong ties to the equine industry. For over 25 years, DEG has been the Australian distributor of the Horserail fencing system; long recognized as the number one choice for horse fencing. Over the years the owners of DEG have developed additional horse safe products to complement the Horserail fencing system and provide peace of mind to horse owners Australia wide.
DEG is seeking a suitably qualified, Full-Time Sales / Office Assistant for a November start. The role, based at our North Jindong location (20mins from Central Busselton), will require a minimum commitment of 40 hrs per week Monday through Friday.
Reporting directly to the Company Director, the responsibilities of the role will include:
- Customer Service – Responding to phone, email, website / social media or face to face enquiries from existing and new clients;
- Warehousing & Merchandising – packing and dispatching customer orders (manual handling duties) and occasional assistance with receiving and unloading deliveries (including sea containers);
- Assisting the Director and other Sales Staff with all facets of the sales process, including:
- Quoting & Invoicing
- Obtaining freight quotes
- Processing customer payments
- Booking freight deliveries from warehouse to customer site
- Warehouse / Inventory Management
- Local & Domestic logistics management
- General Administrative Support
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent Customer Service skills;
- Experience and involvement in the equine industry;
- Knowledge of fencing, products available and installation;
- Previous merchandising, warehousing or sales experience;
- Strong communication skills;
- Previous forklift experience desirable;
- Windows Office Suite proficiency;
- Previous experience with Trade Gecko software (or other sales / inventory management programs).
Personal Attributes of the Successful Candidate:
- High attention to detail;
- Focused on delivering excellent customer service.
- Self-motivated and able to work with complete autonomy;
- Selfless and supportive team member;
- Have a hands-on approach, strong work ethic and good character.
- Remuneration will be commensurate with experience;
- Being a member of a small, family owned business comprising a team of tight-knit professionals who genuinely enjoy supporting each other to achieve success.